If you stumbled across this website, one thing is for sure. You definitely love your cat family. I bet you are looking to improve the experience with the feline friend. Maybe you are tired washing all of those urination and smelly stains across the household, and you are looking for the most suitable and decorative automatic cat litter box.
Maybe you dislike how your cat tends to sleep and spend a large portion of it’s day on your comfortable bed. In this case, a nice and cool cat house will stop this from happening. Are the walls and floor near the litter box greatly damaged by the furious scratches made by the tough cat’s paws? Invest in a proper cat scratching post and get rid of that happening ever again.
The scratches on the litter box are also very noisy and can disrupt your night time sleep. Not only this will increase your stress levels, but also it will cut the health benefits of deep sleep. Avoid this at all costs and purchase a special cat litter box that prevents excessive scratching.
Another way to deal with the repetitive scratching is to purchase a cat toy to serve as a distraction.
In my experience, a tall cat tree was the best way to distract the cat from scratching the sides of the litter box or even the walls. Not only will this distract the kitten, but it will find it as a great source of fun.
If you have multiple cats in your household, invest in some tall and sturdy cat tree. You can even place the cat tree in the middle of the living room.
Once your house gets visited, the visitors will definitely throw some pleasant compliments about how good the cat trees and cat scratching posts really look like.
What Will This Page Cover
Here, you will learn not only how to select the best cat litter box on the market today, but also the greatest cat scratcher, top cat tree house and even the best cat feeder. Use this website as an ultimate guide to improve the times you spend with your cats. Create unforgettable and valuable experiences and memories with the whole feline family by providing the greatest indoor cat objects your money can buy.
But of all of these cat experience improvement products, the cat litter box is a must for every household. Cat elimination and waste problems was the number one reason why cat owners gave their pretty feline friends to adoption. You want to avoid this at all costs, if you really value and love your cats loafing.
First I’ll talk about the importance of choosing the most decorative, cool and fancy litter tray. Imagine how much of a relief will choosing the right self cleaning, dog proof and enclosed litter box will be for your indoors.
All of the nasty smell will be gone forever. You can even fall in love with your cat all over again.
Why Investing In The Right Cat Litter Box Is Extremely Important
Statistics show that cat elimination problems are the number one reason why cat owners give their cats to adoption. No matter how much they love and feel for their cats, the nasty smell and tracked litter all across the household is simply too much. If you have the same problems in your house, it is time to purchase the right type of litter box for your kitty.
The best thing about litter cabinet systems is that they are completely affordable for any cat owner. Modern litter box companies create all kinds of various products that will fit any household. Not having enough budget to invest for a litter box is just an average stupid excuse.
Some of the most effective plastic litter trays are extremely cheap. Litter box companies create special boxes that will solve certain problems. That is why some of the boxes are covered, electronic, elevated, dog proof, high sided etc. The options are unlimited.
All you have to do is identify what kind of problem your cat is causing. Is it throwing the litter all over the box when it is covering the mess it created? Is it tracking all of the nasty litter all over you house? Is your cat an old cat that has difficulty entering the elevated cat litter box? Do you have some dogs inside your indoors that have tendency to stick their heads inside the cat litter boxes, thus eating all of the nasty and bacteria infected poop?
All of these serious problems can be easily fixed by choosing the right litter box. I will list just a couple of the most popular cat litter box articles on this website.
The Most Popular Cat Litter Box Articles
In this article, you will find out how modern litter box companies perfected the narrow boxes with high sides. Not only will this save you a lot of space, but also it will save you from cleaning and painting the dripping wet walls all over again.
Find out what the most experienced cat owners have to say about the extra large litter boxes with high sides.
What are the pros and cons of using a litter box of this kind. Are the low sides litter boxes totally nonfunctional? What about litter boxes with rims? Do they prevent all of the litter spilling? All of these answers can be found in the article.
This is the case especially if you have an elevated, or a top entry tight box. Forget about those high sided litter boxes in this particular case. The article also covers what you should do if you have a feline with arthritis, or even a disabled cat.
Also, you should always avoid purchasing one of those noisy self cleaning electronic litter boxes that will scare the hell out of your aged cat.
This is the case especially if you have an elevated, or a top entry tight box. Forget about those high sided litter boxes in this particular case.
The article also covers what you should do if you have a feline with arthritis, or even a disabled cat. Also, you should always avoid purchasing one of those noisy self cleaning electronic litter boxes that will scare the hell out of your aged cat.
I tested and wrote a detailed review about each of the best automatic cat litter boxes that are available on the market today. The article contains a detailed self cleaning litter box buying guide, and everything you need to know before making the purchase.
It also covers every add on you can purchase for an optimal experience with the top electric box. The electric self scooping litter boxes are a great time saver, if you have a busy daily schedule.
Find out whether you really need a litter box deodorizer to minimize the bad scent. There are also many health damaging bacteria and germs inside a non-maintained smelly box.
The bad smell is only a warning that there are lots of bacteria that will be very dangerous for the cat’s health.
The first version comes uncovered. The second one, the Ultra version comes with a lid. Depending on your circumstances you should purchase the one that will serve your needs first. I personally recommend you get the ScoopFree Ultra litter box, because it will hold all the spilled litter inside the cover.
However, if you buy the uncovered version, you can still buy the hood as a cheap add-on. Visit the article I provided if you want to learn more about the product. It is not by chance that this is one of the highest ranked litter box known to mankind.
There are low chances that your cat will get attacked when it leaves the box, because your cat can stick it’s head slightly above the box entry. It can see what is going on around the box.
The ModKat is a decorative, round and cool litter box that comes in multiple colorways. It’s curved shape will perfectly blend in any household. Be prepared to receive compliments on daily basis.
It is the highest ranked top entry litter boxes out of all. Read the full article to learn more about the ModKat top entry litter box.
It covers what comes in the product package box, once it arrives in front of the doorway. It also completely covers the installation process for the box.
You can also see whether the advantages outweigh the disadvantages or not. If you truly want to maximize the unlimited potential of the Litter Robot III elevated dog proof litter box, you should pay special attention to the article.
Check out which add-ons and replacement parts there are available for sale. Lastly, you will find out whether the Litter Robot III is really better than the previous version, the Litter Robot II.
All of the top boxes for big cats are reviewed in detail. Find out which one will suit you the most.
If your cat is excessively fat, there are special kinds of litter boxes that will serve the cat flawlessly. You will also figure out why I love purchasing extra large (XL) cat litter boxes for my cats.
There is a complete breakdown about how this revolutionary self flushing box really works.
Also, there I briefly discuss what are the benefits you will receive once you purchase this litter box. Find out what types of cats are the most suitable for this revolutionary modern and compact litter box.
Can the Cat Genie be placed only in the bathroom and washing room? Read the article to find out whether this is a silly myth or not.
Why Is Scratching That Important To Your Cat
You should always embrace the cat’s scratching. It is their natural instinct. Cats were always scratching and will always scratch. You cannot bring your cat to the veterinarian just because it scrapes and damages your favorite carpet.
Actually, the scratching provides your cat many valuable benefits. Many people think the cats scrape the walls or any object to sharpen their claws. This is simply a myth that was busted numerous times.
Scratching actually detaches the layer of dead cells from the nails. Don’t get me wrong. The scraping is actually very good for the health of the cat’s nails. The cat’s scraping is more complicated than it seems on the surface. Let me state various reasons why the scratching benefits your cat in a healthy way.
- Territory Marking – Just like most mammals, cats have scent glands. Those glands are used for territory marking. For humans, the smell of the glands are undetectable. Cats can recognize the object where another cat previously scratched on. On the other side the scrapes are noticeable for the human eye. Cats like to scratch litter boxes to show other cats that the box is their property. Sometimes they don’t like other cats doing their business inside “their” box. This is why the scratching is a cat’s natural instinct to mark and protect their territory. It is integrated deep into the cat’s genetics. If a certain object is has furious scrapes on it, it is a clear indicator for other cats to not come nearby that object. This is how the scratching protects the cats indirectly.
- Physical Activity – Just like humans go to the gym or do various types of workouts, scratching is also a type of exercising for the cats. It is their one of the most natural ways to exercise. It works their back, shoulders, stomach and chest muscles. Not only the muscles, but the scratching also strengthens the ligaments in their paws. It also makes the paws tougher to physical contact. This is why investing in the right scratching posts can be one of the most beneficial thing you can do for your feline friend. Once the cat builds up some muscles by scratching, it will be more scary for other cats. They won’t mess with it and will avoid the “buffed” cat at all costs.
- De-Stressing – Just like humans go to the gym for loosening up, think of the cat’s scratching on various objects as a way to relieve mental and physical stress. The stronger the cat’s body is, the more stress it will relieve. This is why purchasing a cat scratcher will help the cat get rid of all the behavioral and health problems. Once the cat scratches on it’s favorite object, it automatically switches to positive emotional state. I really don’t get why more cat owners don’t purchase a cheap scratching post for their lovely cats. The benefits are unlimited!
How An Ideal Cat Scratching Post Should Look Like
If you buy an expensive cat scratching post, but your cat refuses to use it, it is because you chose the wrong one. Usually the most scratched object by your cats is the couch in the living room. This is not by chance.
The couch has certain shape that is attractive for your cats. It is big, strong and is located in a nearby central area for your cat. The three characteristics of the couch should translate to your future cat scratching post. I reviewed various types of the best cat scracthers. All of the articles are available on the website.
Before purchasing the ideal scratching post for your feline friend, you should consider those three characteristics of the couch for the litter box.
- Positioning – For the positioning aspect, you should always check the cat’s behavior first. If your cat prefers scratching the carpet (horizontal), you should purchase a cat scratching post that is not very tall, but is wide. If the cat prefers to scratch the sides of the couch, then you should go for a tall scratching post. Always put the cat scratcher in a very frequent area like the living room. Cats like to show off by scraping various objects. They are doing this to show how “tough” they are. Never put the scratching post in a hidden area. If you do this, you’ll wonder why the cat doesn’t like to use it anymore.
- Material – Wooden, cardboard or rope options are all available for your cat. It is just a matter of preference for your cat. You definitely cannot predict what kind of material your cat would like to scrape on. This is why experimenting is a good thing. Scratchers with carpet material are preferred for cats who like to stick their paws into fabric.
- Toughness – One of the reasons why your cat likes to scratch on a couch is because it is tough enough to handle the furious claw attacks. If the cat senses that the scratching post is slightly fluffy or soft, it won’t use it ever again. If it is tough (created with wood) it should handle the most excessive scratching by your cat. It should be sturdy enough to handle the cat’s jumps.
- Dimensions – Majority of cat owners do the common mistake of not purchasing a tall enough cat scratching post. I always recommend you look for a post that is at least three feet tall. It should be long and tall enough for your cat to be able to scratch all the way up to it. To keep things safe, always consider this as a first option before looking the other aspects of the cat scratching post, no matter how many positive reviews the product received.
Combining the best cat litter box with the top cat scratching post will make your household a pure heaven for your cat. Your cat will have reduced behavioral problems.
You won’t have to bring your feline friend to the veterinarian every single time your cat scratches the couch, thinking it needs some anger management medicine.
However, those are usually not the only products you can purchase to satisfy your cat. Cats have preferences too.
That is why choosing the right types of products can mean heaven or hell for the kitten. In the text below I will talk about the best cat houses on the market today.
Why Purchasing The Right Cat House Is Very Important
Giving an adequate residence for your cats is utterly important. The better part of cat owners make the critical mistake, thinking that all of the cat houses are exactly the same. This is totally wrong. It is very far from the truth. They go to their local pet supply store, and purchase the cheapest plastic cat house thinking that spending more money on cat house is money wasted.
Cats by nature are wild creatures. They still have the need and urge to jump, climb and scratch. This is deeply integrated in their genes. Once they started getting adopted as pets by human beings, people think that those natural instincts are actually behavioral problems.
Purchasing the right cat house is very important because it serves as a place where cats spend a large portion of the day. Don’t get me wrong. They don’t like being trapped by 4 walls inside that house. That is why modern cat house companies make the houses tough enough to handle even the most excessive scratching.
The cat house will be a target for scratching, simply because cats scratch objects to mark their territory. Cats don’t like sharing their residence with other felines. The durability of the house should be your number one priority before purchasing one.
I highly recommend you get a wooden house, simply because the wood will feel natural on the cat’s nails. Most people buy plastic houses. But, when the cat’s begin scratching this unnatural plastic, they will dislike it immediately. The next thing you will see is your cat scratching the carpet, walls or the couch. This is why buying the right cat house can also serve as a cat scratching post. You can save some money here.
Consider This Before Purchasing An Expensive Cat House
The durability of the cat house is simply not enough. Like I’ve said above, cat’s have preferences too. They are attracted to certain characteristics. They find other characteristics unattractive.
As you know, they are very clean and delicate creatures. Luckily for you, you are at the right place. You don’t have to understand the behavior of the cats before choosing the right cat house for them.
I did all the hard working for you. All you have to do is read this information and put it to action. Let me show you the 2 other things, other than durability that you should consider before purchasing the top at house on the market.
- Flexibility – You should always purchase a cat house that is light enough to be transported. This is why you should always look for the product weight before purchasing the house. Luckily for you, the majority of e-Commerce sites like Amazon.com, add the weight of the product in the description. I provide the weight of the product in my cat house reviews, so you don’t have to manually search for it.
- Dimensions – I always recommend you purchase a jumbo or even extra large cat house. Cats always prefer a roomy house over a claustrophobic one. At the end of the day, it all comes to the cat’s needs and wants. Before purchasing, you should also take a measurement at the place where you want the house to be in your room. If you choose to go big, then consider some extra space for it.
- Toys To Play With – Purchasing a house with added hanging ropes and balls is heaven for your cat. They always like to be in action. They like to jump, scratch and play with certain objects. Let the cat house serve as an amusement park. This will keep the cat from getting bored. It will love you for this!
Most Wanted Cat House Articles
Cardboard Cat CondosLots of people are doubtful about the performance aspects of cardboard cat houses. In this article I cover absolutely everything you need to know about these types of shelters.
You must know that even though they are the cheapest way to provide you cat housing, the cardboard used in the top 5 condos is absolutely promising. I personally bought cardboard cat house for my kitties because my finances were low.
I had the feeling that my felines will destroy it in no time. Surprisingly, it held it’s structure and density. There were visible scratching marks on it, but it still was able to accommodate my lovely felines.
That’s why I highly recommend you read my total guide on what to look for before buying cardboard cat houses for your cats.
Great Heated Cat Condos For OutdoorIf you live in the northern hemisphere, it really gets extremely cold in the night time.
Most of the cats aren’t able to withstand this deadly cold, so they are doing what they can to find a shelter to spend the night in. Tragic events can occur when your lovely kitty who lives in the comfort zone of your house leaves the household and goes outside out of curiosity. 9/10 it will forget it’s way back. That’s when it can suffer from the extreme cold and freeze to death.
Just because of this it is very smart to invest in the best heated cat houses for outdoor. If you read this article carefully, you will learn more about the life saving benefits that heated cat condos for outside have to offer both to domestic and feral cats.
Cat Houses For Feral CatsCaring about stray cats is one of the best ways people can show that they truly care about animal life.
In this article I’ve written I reviewed the top 5 greatest cat houses for feral cats that are available on today’s market. I go in detail, providing information whether those products are durable or not, whether they are heated or not and much more.
If you are on the way to purchase a feral cat house just to accommodate a random cat that lives in the harsh outside areas, then this article will be very helpful.
I also wrote about how paying slightly more and going with a heated cat house for feral cats can be more beneficial for stray cats in winter time.
Feline Condos For WinterPurchasing a cat house for winter required great patience and knowing what factors play big role. If you carefully read this article’s checkpoints, then you’ll generally know what you should look for in a cat house for cold winter.
Just to let you know, I highly recommend you look for a cat house that is insulated. The main purpose of insulation is to make cat houses for winter retain it’s warmth inside.
The very first cat condo for winter had the insulation feature. If you are more interested in knowing that makes the perfect cat house for winter, feel free to read this article.
Cat Condos With Litter BoxAnyone who bought a cat house with litter box, has made a smart decision. The reason behind that is that you can save both space and money if you go with this option.
You will also save valuable time and nerves while you are cleaning this type of cat house with litter box. With one go, you can clean both the litter box and the cat condo.
On top of that, the litter box inside the cat house will make you clean and maintain the cat house more often. If you don’t do that, then the scent will spread in your cat’s house and your felines will avoid sleeping and staying inside that house.
That’s why purchasing this type of product is beneficial for creating that valuable habit of going after your cat’s mess.
Outside Feline Condos For Numerous CatsIf you are having more than one cat, I highly recommend you look up these bigger cat houses that will be comfortable for your feline family. It would be a win – win situation for both you and your cats.
But be cautious because the outdoor cat houses for multiple cats take more space and are usually more expensive than traditional houses.
In this article I reviewed the top 4 cat houses for numerous cats that your money can buy. They have just about everything your cats need in order to live a comfortable life with each other.
Igloo Shaped Cat HousesDon’t be surprised if you stumble upon igloo shaped cat houses. Their design doesn’t satisfy just the aesthetics aspect of it. There is more to that.
Most of the igloo cat houses are insulated and are good at retaining warmth at all costs. You should be aware that the majority of igloo cat houses are for outdoor purposes.
However, if you truly like the design of an igloo cat house, feel free to purchase it for your indoors.
In this article I reviewed the 5 very best igloo cat houses on today’s market. I also wrote about the great features of igloo cat houses and why it is worth it to purchase them.
Insulated Cat Houses For WinterInsulation should be a go-to in every cat house for winter. Most of the local stores don’t provide information whether the cat house is insulated or not.
That’s why I purchase all of my cat condos from Amazon.com. There you can find absolutely every feature there is about a certain product.
If you want to go in depth and see how insulated cat houses for winter perform in today’s cold world, then feel free to read this article. There I reviewed the 6 greatest cat houses with insulation for winter that are for sale.
I also write about both the advantages and disadvantages of these products and much more.
Best Cat HousesIf you are like most of the customers in today’s world, then this article is for you! It is straight to the point article that provides you with the 5 very best cat house performers that I’ve ever had.
If you are curious about some of the products, I’ve even written a detailed feature focused text about each and every product out of the top 5.
If you are still unsure whether or not you should buy some product out of the top 5 best cat house list, then at the end of the article I provided you a complete cat house buying guide you can use on your own. Just focus on those steps and you can choose the best cat house of your liking.
Purchasing A Cat Tree Is One Of The Best Things To Do For Your Cat
Nowadays, there are numerous types of cat trees you can choose from. They all serve the same function however. Cat trees are used to satisfy the cat’s jumping, scratching and stretching aspect. There is nothing special in the construction of the cat tree. It is a simple post with a surface on top.
However, newer cat trees provide more than just that. There are integrated perches, hidden holes, toys and even scratching posts. You get all of that in one product. That is why the popularity of cat trees increases day by day. Some modern cat trees companies create cat trees with fake leaves.
Cats couldn’t really tell the difference between a real tree and a cat tree. They use it to hang out on, relax, or do some physical activities.
Depending on your needs and circumstances you can purchase from a wide range of cat trees. There are cat trees for two or more cats, outdoor cat trees, wooden, plastic, affordable etc. The options are actually limitless. Just like every other cat house, scratching post and litter box, let me show you the materials that can be used for each tree and the function it provides.
- Sisal Rope – If you didn’t know, sisal is actually a plant that is used for making ropes. If you are familiar with the cat scratching posts, you can notice that sisal is mostly used on cat trees and scraping posts. This is definitely not by chance. Sisal is a great fiber for the cat’s nails. It is sturdy, durable and at the same time fluffy. It cannot damage the cat’s nails and claws.
- Carpet – The carpet is mostly used for the cat tree’s platform. The material is very soft and isn’t highly recommended for the cat scratching posts. It is softer than sisal, and that is why it’s main purpose is to provide a nice “rest place” for your lovely kitten.
- Alternate Cardboard – This is actually a cardboard material, just shaped into different shapes and grooves. It is a good wood alternative. It is much cheaper than purchasing a wooden cat tree. However, it is more prone to tearing apart and damage, as a result of the excessive scratching by your cat. Some cat owners say that their cat tree was actually very durable, and was created with corrugated cardboard. I’ll keep things safe and go with wood, carpet and sisal rope instead.
- Wood – Usually the most expensive, but wooden cat trees offer the most durability. Not only that, but they are also decorative and fancy enough to blend perfectly with the indoor decor. If you purchase a cat tree created by wood, make sure you don’t put it in a hidden corner. However, if you don’t like the deep cat scrapes to be visible on the cat tree, I’d instead go with carpet or sisal rope tree. Wood is also more durable and more natural for the cat than the alternate cardboard.
Some Of The Greatest Cat Tree Articles
This article will show you exactly what cat trees with hammocks are, reasons why felines love these types of trees, where to place this product and much more. You should keep in mind that cat trees with hanging beds aren’t more expensive than normal ones.
On top on all of this, I reviewed the 5 greatest cat trees with hammocks ever made. It is up to you to decide whether your cat family deserves the comfort of these special types of trees.
It isn’t really just the looks. There are multiple secret biological triggers that make brown cat trees with leaves look more natural and attractive for the felines at your house. The set up process isn’t really complicated.
In the product package box, you’ll receive all of the parts with an installation manual. You don’t have to install each and every leaf on your own. At the end of the article, you’ll figure out whether cat trees with fake or real leaves are worth purchasing.
Modern cat tree companies decided to create special types of products, called cat trees for multiple cats. Most of the times they offer more free space for the felines to hang out.
There are numerous platforms which will be used for climbing, jumping and exercising. You have to be very careful while purchasing trees for numerous cats for several reasons. The number one reason is that some of the poorly made trees lack balance. That can make the tree to fall over, causing damage to the felines.
In this article, I actually reviewed the greatest cat trees for multiple cats ever created. All you have to do is check the article, and choose a tree that will fit your indoors and cats personality the most.
Even though they aren’t that expensive, they will still be ignored by your big cats. They don’t have the most important factors that determine whether a cat tree will be used by a large cat.
In this article, you’ll find out which characteristics of sturdy cat trees are most important. There are some secrets that the best cat tree brands are using to improve the sturdiness aspect in a tree.
In the comparison chart I reviewed the 5 leading sturdy cat trees for large cats. You can’t go wrong if you decide to purchase any of those.
In this article I preach how important buying a cat tree for heavy cats really is. I’ve heard many stories from fellow cat owners that some of the very expensive cat trees that they bought couldn’t
bear the weight of their cats.
I also wrote which cat tree materials are optimal for fat cats. On top of all of this, I wrote the 5 key attributes that make a perfect tree for heavy cats.
If you’ve been a reader of this awesome website, then you’ll understand how beneficial cat supply products, especially cat trees are.
If a particular household doesn’t have any of these, then their cat is prone of creating multiple horrible behavioral problems.
Some cat owners that live in limited spaces even give their kitten to adoption!
You can buy trees for multiple cats, heavy cats, senior cats, small kitten and even floor to ceiling cat trees.
In the article I did a detailed analysis of the top 7 best Go Pet Club cat trees.
You can choose from various sizes and colors. Choose the one that you think will blend with your household style the most.
If you fail to follow the rules that make a great cat tree for large cats, then there is a high chance that your tree will topple over. You can avoid this from happening by taking a look at this article.
I wrote in details about what you should look for before purchasing a product of this kind. On top of that I did an in-detail analysis of the 5 greatest cat trees for extra large cats known to mankind.
They are all constructed of high quality premium wood, which means that durability and toughness is always a priority!
If a cat tree is soft, then it is set for a huge trouble. It must be constructed of premium and dense wood that is enhanced with durable sisal rope scratching posts.
In this article you’ll figure out what to look for a cat tree for Maine Coon. If you follow it, then your Maine Coons will be extremely grateful to have such an owner! The right kind of cat tree will always keep a Maine Coon happy and satisfied.
There isn’t something that they value more than having the right pet supply products in your indoors.
The most popular brands are Go Pet Club, ArmarKat, Furhaven Pet Products, Kitty Mansions, Best Pet Supplies etc. In the article you’ll find out the reasoning behind this.
The best thing is that they are always testing new features and technologies. They are constantly evolving and making your pets at home more satisfied than ever.
Don’t get me wrong. The brands I stated in the article aren’t the only great cat tree creating brands. What I am trying to say is that they are the most trusted when it comes to cat trees.